Using the Lego EV3 robotics system, we will cover topics including:
- Basic Blocks: what each block does, how to use them, how to combine them with others to create awesome behavior
- Program Control Flow: How to use loops, conditionals, and other tools to control the steps of your program and create responsive behavior to your program.
- Code Planning Techniques: Before even programming a robot, the most important step is to know what you'll be doing before you do it. We will teach students how to create thorough program plan and how to use pseudo code to accelerate their programming.
- Custom Block Creation: Using the custom block creator, we'll teach students to create standardized behavior and build custom blocks that will remove redundant code and simplify their programs.
- Team Management and Collaboration: students will work in teams and we'll use challenges to develop team communication skills that will be invaluable in the future.